Thursday, July 25, 2013

"The Trek"

Our stories are in the posts below, but here are some favorite pictures from our awesome journey.

Our cute little family on the first day of Trekking. We didn't quite know what was in store for us.





This is Dan in Martin's Cove. It was a beautiful piece of land, besides being Hallowed Ground.

Pioneer children (or teenagers) sang as they walked, and walked, and walked, and walked...

The Sweetwater Crossing. One of our sons helped carry our group across.

Handsome man, in't he? We celebrated our 11th anniversary on the third day of the Trek. And you know what? I think I still would have married him if we really had to live like that.





Me turning away from a picture at the top of the Women's Pull because I was hysterical. Even though I got after him, I'm pretty glad Dan took this.

The "hot party bus." We had no AC, and thought we might pass out on the ride home.


Our eldest son...

All sparkly and clean before we set off.  We said goodbye to our two little sweeties to go be Ma & Pa to another great group of kids. It was awesome!

Ma & Pa Pence.

My precious Young Women.

All the Trekkies from our ward. Can't imagine a better, funner, sweeter group of kids. They are the best!!!

No comments: